RECOGNIZING YOUR TOP APPLICANTS
Schools and participating organizations are provided with Certificates of Achievement to award to their Local Honoree(s), and Certificates of Merit that can be awarded to two runners-up. We encourage you to present these certificates and publicly recognize your top applicants. This recognition shines a well-deserved spotlight on young volunteers and holds them up as role models for their peers. A few suggestions for recognizing your top applicants:
Hold a certificate presentation
- Present certificates to the Local Honoree(s) and runners-up at an assembly, parent meeting, board meeting or other event by the end of January. (For replacement certificates, call 1-877-525-8491.)
- Invite a local Prudential representative to help present the certificates. (You can find one at www.prudential.com.)
- Contact local news media with the time, date and place of your award presentation.
- Arrange for a photo with school/organization officials, the Local Honoree(s) and runners-up and the Prudential representative presenting the certificates. Send it to local news outlets with a news release.
Spread the word
- Announce the Local Honoree(s) and runners-up in parent organization, school district and other community publications.
- Encourage internal publications to do a feature story on the students and their volunteer activities.
- Post a congratulatory message on the building's marquee.
- Acknowledge the Local Honoree(s) and runners-up at a board meeting.
- Highlight the Local Honoree(s) and runners-up on your website and social media.
- Recognize the Local Honoree(s) and runners-up during morning announcements.
- Ask the Local Honoree(s) to speak about their volunteer activity at a school assembly or organization meeting.