The application period for the 2017 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards is now open.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards:
- Complete the application and the student/parent agreement. Deadline: November 8, 2016.
- Go to the "Certification" page to email or print out instructions for your certifier. You must deliver these instructions to your certifier by November 8, 2016. Your certifier can be your school principal or the head of a county 4-H organization, Girl Scout council, American Red Cross chapter, YMCA or HandsOn Network affiliate.
- Your certifier has until November 18, 2016, to review applications online and select Local Honoree(s) from the applicants in your school or organization, and nominate them for state-level judging.
HOW IT WORKS
In the United States, each program year begins in September, when information and application instructions are mailed to all middle-level and high schools in the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., and to these officially designated local organizations:
- Girl Scout councils
- County 4-H organizations
- American Red Cross chapters
- Affiliates of HandsOn Network
Local Honorees are selected at participating schools and organizations in November. From these winners, an independent judging organization - International Scholarship and Tuition Services - names the top volunteers in each state and Washington, D.C. Results are announced in February.
Ten National Honorees are then chosen by a panel of prominent public figures, and announced in May at a special ceremony in Washington, D.C.